Search This Blog

Friday 24 August 2018

Moths at Saron

I had this large Wainscot (22mm) which I think is either a Large Wainscot or Bulrush Wainscot. The dashes/white veins are not clear so help appreciated as I have not either of these before (we have suitable habitat here).

Interesting reading about the hornets. First time we have had a nest of them here and not much evidence of them eating many moths, despite a few being present several times on the wall of the porch just above the actinic bulb, seemingly grooming each other at times but not bothering the moths. I did, however, get a bit of a sting when I brushed up against a dead one on the floor and its sting went into my finger.

2 comments:

  1. I think the Large Wainscot has a more pointed apex than your pic shows, it looks like a Bulrush to me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.