Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 September 2016

An enjoyable day out...


I really enjoyed the very useful and informative leaf miners course led by Dave Slade at the Wildlife Trust`s Centre at Cilgerran today and all of us learnt a lot. Thus instructed and enthused, I`m certainly hoping to do rather more leaf mine recording this autumn.
So thanks to Dave, Kate Smith of the West Wales Biodiversity Information Centre (who organised the course) and the Wildlife Trust for hosting the event. The group included moth recorders from Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and also two of us from Carmarthenshire (Chris Handoll and myself).
In the photo above, Dave is discussing a leaf mine close to the Afon Teifi (which skirts the Wildlife Trust reserve).
Postscript: I realised afterwards that Jan from Brechfa was also at the course - my apologies!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it! I think we got some good records (for Pembs) too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Dave and good to meet you. You`re a good teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second all of your comments, Ian, yesterday was thoroughly enjoyable and instructive. Dave certainly knows his stuff, I only hope that I've managed to retain some of the information, but if not there's always the guidance notes to fall back on.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.