Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 November 2022

`Carry on Catching`....rarities (or, `Arfon does it again`)

 Arfon Williams must exude moth pheromones or be party to supernatural powers as, on the last night of October, he made another new county record for Carmarthenshire in the form of the tropical crambid Spoladea recurvalis, brought in by the southerlies. In spite of the high winds and rain on the night of 31/10, he decided to leave an actinic in his porch and was rewarded by this beauty.


AW certainly has had a `good run` during this recent spell of marked immigration and he deserves our full praise for his persistence in trapping during what many may consider inclement weather.

2 comments:

  1. I have been really interested in all these catches. I have been leaving my actinic light on in the porch on several days - ever hopeful - but nothing exciting for me here in Saron, Llandysul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve had my trap out quite a bit, but very little coming to it and I’m just down the road from Arfon, sigh……..

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.