Search This Blog

Saturday 18 June 2022

More micros in Burry Port

 There were over one hundred individuals in last night's effort of over 40 species, and micros were much better represented with a number of genera present. I found 2 Acleris bergmanniana which are rarely in the garden.

They were both quite worn, the other specimen being in an even worse state and hence, camera-shy. 

Variegated Golden Tortrix is a new species for me and my garden.

Finally, I found a small moth which I decided was an Epermenia aequidentellus. It does not appear on our list but my photographs certainly match the illustrations in my books and online.
I note the dark elements front and back and the four dark bumps on a creamy body with a hint of rust.

1 comment:

  1. Adam`s Epermenia was later confirmed by Sam as the 3rd vcr - well done!
    This wild carrot-feeder had been previously record by Mel Jones at Llansteffan and myself at Llanelli.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.