Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 June 2022

Micro-frustrations

 The numbers in my trap are still low, my highest of the year in the fifties, so it's even worse when specimens get away before an id is nailed on and the shutter clicked. An interesting plume looked like either Brindled or Beautiful before it suddenly took off, never to be seen again. I also had some interesting Eudonia type moths. One of these was in the cone of the trap and fled at the sight of a plastic pot. Two others I potted and placed in the fridge. One of these was well placed as I squinted at it through the viewfinder. I hesitated, "Was my iso too high, was the aperture right?" Then it was gone.

I did manage to photograph this, which I think is E. delunella. Any thoughts?

I also found a very handsome Thistle Ermine, which, thankfully was content to be photographed.
It's so big it can't be confused with the Ypno crowd.


4 comments:

  1. The top photo looks like delunella to me, Adam, it's cropped up here regularly in June and July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, always helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had delunella for the first time here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems to be more common this year.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.