Search This Blog

Friday 17 June 2022

Cream (Pea) of the crop

 The best catch of the year so far produced 72 individuals of 37 species. Micro numbers were low - only 9 of 7 species. The best of the night was a Cream-bordered Green Pea.

It's showing some wear and has that rusty colour we're familiar with.

I was also very pleased to see my second ever Reddish Light Arches, which I have inserted into my spreadsheet!

I'm wondering if this blew over the Burry Inlet from the Gower.

The Garden's first Coronet of the year looked quite different close up.

Superficially it appeared Black and White, but now reveals shades of purple and gold. 

Finally I also found a Small Fanfoot, another first for the year.






2 comments:

  1. Great photos, as always, Adam. I`d suggest that reddish light arches is actually resident in the Pembrey coastal area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be, I do get plenty of local wanderers.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.