Search This Blog

Friday 25 March 2022

By day and by night

 Yesterday (Thurs, 24/3), I continued with some local surveying, with the `SKI` lure, for Pammene giganteana and recorded it at four sites in SN40 (Cynheidre),  SN41 (SW of Pontyberem), SN51 (Mynydd Mawr Woodland Park, Tumble) and SN61 (near Blaenau); I also recorded it at Bynea (SS59) the previous day (23/4), the latter a quick stop `on the back` of a visit to B&Q to buy paint. It is now recorded from six 10km squares in SE Carms, though it most probably occurs throughout the county.

At Mynydd Mawr Woodland Park, I looked for orange underwings above the birches, but had no success even though the time (c 11.45am), date and weather all seemed suitable.

Last night I trapped at home with ten springtime moth species, including the moth  below, in the trap.

Above: the scruffy fore-wing of this pine beauty is my fault - it has picked up discarded wing scales from my trap which needs a good clean-out!


1 comment:

  1. Interesting you have put some lures out around Llanelli, Ian - and caught various things.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.