Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 December 2018

Another Unseasonal Arrival


On the wall this evening, attracted to porch light + 22w green synergetic lamp, a Grey Shoulder Knot.  I had several records of this moth from 2010-2012 but haven't seen one since, and certainly never at this time of year.  Perhaps the lights will attract a few more interesting moths tonight.

Forlorn hope!  The only other moths to appear were three Winter Moths and a single Mottled Umber.  T'was worthwhile though, to see GSK again.  I may try an MV tonight or over the weekend since the weather seems fairly settled.

3 comments:

  1. Well done again Chris. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Steve, and a Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I`ve only had GSK twice myself, an autumn and early spring record, if I remember correctly. Something to look out for at my new garden trap site.
    I trapped on 26/12 with poor results (several mottled umbers and a single winter moth). I did n`t bother last night (27/12) as the winds were from the north, but tonight looks better - mild with SW winds, so we`ll see...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.