Search This Blog

Monday 29 May 2017

Pembrey Burrows LNR Strandline Beetle

I apologise for posting this non mothy blog but I'm quite excited to report the results of a short survey I did today on the reserve.
Some of you will be aware of the near threatened status of the STRANDLINE BEETLE, Eurynebria complanata, in the UK with it now only officially found in the Carmarthen Bay Dunes and at Whiteford Burrows.
I found EIGHT individuals, along the reserve part of Cefn Sidan, today, about 1% of the total population recorded in a full survey of the known locations in 2016.

Strandline Beetle

I also found another DUNE TIGER BEETLE, Cicindela maritima,recently reclassified  (near threatened).
Dune Tiger Beetle ( a photo from April)


I also had my first PAINTED LADY of the year.
Pembrey Burrows and Saltings Local Nature Reserve is a really special and important place
Maybe some mothing tonight.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.