Search This Blog

Sunday 7 May 2017

More from the Burry Port garden trap

I don't get big catches with my actinic, but you do get a bit of variety and the changes as the year wears on are noticeable. My last Shuttle-shaped Dart was in August - so I was happy to find one this morning.
I also had a couple of Micros, species  Syndemis Musculana.

I was also pleased to have my own Least Black Arches

Also trapped were Yellow-barred Brindle, three Common Marbled Carpet, Brimstone and Brightline Brown-eye. FYI there is an album of moths on my Flickr site: https://www.flickr.com/photos/adam_dare/albums/72157665088385474/page3



2 comments:

  1. It's incredible how moth catches can vary with a relatively short distance away. I'm approx 40 mins away and have yet to see a Shuttle-shaped Dart, Brightline Brown-eye, Yellow-barred Brindle or Common Marbled Carpet. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.