Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 April 2017

A hasty post...

Last night (Weds 19/4) I put out two traps in my Pwll garden - I was too tired to put a couple more of battery-fed actinics in local woodland, as originally intended.
There was a decent `crop` of mostly common moths awaiting me this morning, including several FFYs such as muslin moth, spruce carpet, flame shoulder, swallow prominents, peppered moth, white-spotted pinion, grey birch and several pug species. I also had one migrant - a dark sword-grass.
A substantially different mix of moths from the previous night, showing that trapping on consecutive nights is worthwhile.

                                                       Above: male muslin moth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.