Search This Blog

Thursday 13 October 2016

And nine is better than one!

Yesterday evening just after the sun had set it was overcast and relatively mild here, so expectations were high when I put two actinic traps out.  Sadly, when I checked the trap sites at 10.30pm the skies had cleared and the temperature had dropped, so predictably the catch was poor - but better than on Monday night!  The tally consisted of Red- and Yellow-line Quakers, Lunar Underwing, Spruce Carpet (one of each), two Green Brindled Crescents and three Epirrita sp., the first of the season for me.


Perhaps it's about time that I took a closer look at some of these 'November Moth' individuals to establish what species I'm getting here.

1 comment:

  1. Good show Chris. I too looked out in the early evening and thought `should I trap` as it looked cloudy and was calm but, as I was really tired, did n`t bother. Good idea re carefully checking the `November moths` gang.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.