Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 June 2023

A surprise in Burry Port

 It's always a pleasure to see a new moth and I had a feeling the orange tinted geometer in the trap was something new.

Clay Triple-lines.

I also found a visitor from the dunes which turns up once or twice a year - Sand Dart.

I had also potted a small moth and wasn't sure if it was a geometer, noctuid or a larger micro. I assumed at first that it was a worn Least Black Arches, but one look with the hand lens told me it wasn't that - there was a white sub-terminal cross line and obvious brown patches.
It could only be Kent Black Arches - a long way from home!

2 comments:

  1. Well done Adam. There are two records of Kent Black Arches in Carms - one > 10 years ago from MoD Pendine and a more recent one from Pembrey Burrows ( N part, I think).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ian, it seems a long way from Kent!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.