Search This Blog

Monday 22 May 2023

Broken barred Carpet and firsts for the year.

 Last night produced the best trap of a cold spring that has produced meagre returns so far.

It produced over 50 individuals of 26 species including a number of firsts for the year including Heart and Dart, Vine's Rustic, Rustic Shoulderknot and Pale Mottled Willow. I also had a specimen of Dichrorampha acuminanata which is not on the carms template. I was pleased to have another specimen of the tiny Swammerdamia pyrelella which I've only found once before.

I also had a broken-barred carpet which is not common in my garden.



2 comments:

  1. I've had this problem with recording Dichrorampha, Adam. The species which I think is probably D.acuminatana is common in my garden, I've seen a few fluttering around in the last week or two. Last year I amended my record sheet no.1283 to D.montanana/acuminatana for recording purposes, my reasoning being (rightly or wrongly) that without dissection I couldn't distinguish between the two species with certainty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, I will do that too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.