Search This Blog

Thursday 30 June 2022

Pyralid Party in Burry Port

 A moderate trap produced surprising numbers of pyralids, apart from the usual Garden Grass Veneer, H. sinuella and my first Crambus pascuella and Udea prunalis of the year, I had a couple of less common visitors and a new moth for the garden.

I have a couple of Anania coronata most years but they are very uncooperative subjects and I had to take this shot where it chose to rest. New for the garden was its close relative, Anania lancealis.
Maybe the lancealis element refers to its long forewings. 

Finally a species I think I have only had once before, perhaps blown from the reeds on the old canal or Burry Port field.

It's not a Buttoned Snout (curses), but Chilo phragmitella.

1 comment:

  1. There`s a good chance that you`ll also get Calomotropha paludella at Burry Port, so keep an eye out.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.