Search This Blog

Monday 11 April 2022


 I'm only back resident in Carmarthenshire for a couple of months but I haven't been able to post until now. I'm near Drefach currently and have trapped 3 times so far (all in March). 272 moths of 25 species was my most recent haul on the 28th with a few nice moths including Oak Nycteoline, Purple Thorn, Streamer, Shoulder Stripe, an early Small Phoenix, Yellow Horned, Red Chestnut and lots and lots of Quakers! I'm currently working on a Marsh Fritillary reintroduction project but I had a very welcome surprise last week when this Emperor moth turned up on one of our rearing pens at the Botanic Gardens!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you back Vaughn, albeit temporarily. I`m sure that you`ll also make some good casual moth records when doing your work in the Amman Valley and elsewhere in Carms...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.