Search This Blog

Saturday 18 August 2018

Bancyffordd 17/8

I ran my actinic last night and had four new species for the year which should have increased to six had my dexterity been a little better.
Apologies for the poor shots.
The first one wouldn't sit still so after the third recapture, the shot is from the tube. I think it is Argyresthia albistria.

Slightly better shot of what I think is Cydia ulicatana.
 
I have a couple of Paronix which I believe to be devoniella but these are a bit like the first moth.
 
My Devon Carpet won't behave either.

 
....and just for Chris, another autumnal moth, Sallow....in mid August !?
 


2 comments:

  1. 17th August is early for Sallow, but there is another record from 17th August 2009 and even one from 12th August 2004 (caught by Barry Stewart at Pont-Henri).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had Sallow in August - but not until 31st, we're certainly getting signs of an early autumn moth-wise. Could be interesting. I'll be shining a light tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.