Search This Blog

Sunday 12 August 2018

Bancyffordd 11/8

The small actinic tucked away from the rain gave an adequate performance last night. My first Yellow-barred Brindle of the year and a Dark Sword-grass.
Since moving here I've not seen a Square-spot Rustic, Shuttle-shaped Dart or Lesser Yellow Underwing, all of which I used to catch by the bucket load in Oxfordshire. Anyhow, I am pleased with what I have as my garden list is already nearing the 300 species mark.


Dark Sword-grass
 
Yellow-barred Brindle, nice markings when fresh.
  

1 comment:

  1. You did well to trap last night, nowhere sheltered enough down here. I’ve never had shuttle-shaped dart, maybe we’re too high up. Lesser YU and SSR are common enough but late summer/autumn is usually their time.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.