Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 August 2018

....A (mostly) damp squib for me!

To re-use the terminology used by Chris, I had rather a damp squib with regard to last night`s trapping (21/8) at Pwll, with rather poor variety and numbers (except for LYUs, that is). The only highlight was a centre-barred sallow, an ash-feeder (as a caterpillar) and something that I rarely catch.

                                                     Above: centre-barred sallow.
                         Above: I`ll have to check the hind-wings of this rustic/Vine`s rustic.
                    Above: Anania coronata. I also had A. stachydalis earlier in the season.

Must go...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for pointing out that C-B Sallow is an ash-feeder, Ian, I hadn't checked it out. That explains why I get them here regularly, several large ash trees border our property.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.