Search This Blog

Sunday 13 August 2017

A surprising nectar source...

I spotted this male brimstone feeding at flowers of a potted Pelargonium in the garden at about 1.00pm today (Sunday, 13/8). Pelargonium (`Geranium`) is not a flower that I normally plant to provide nectar for Lepidoptera and other insects but obviously this individual must like it, as he was going from flower to flower, spending a few minutes at each.


I trapped at home last night, catching about 40 species (including several `2nd-brooders`), but no great surprises.

3 comments:

  1. Well spotted, and nice to see, and know. Great close up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, nice photo, it took a little while for me to see the butterfly against the background. And before anyone says 'should've gone to Specsavers', I'm due an appointment!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.