Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 May 2017

Llandeilo (again)

I went for another walk around Llandeilo again this evening and after initially seeing this smart grey birch resting on the window of the ginhaus (i may have had a cup of tea pre-walk...)
I then walked down the track that leads from the church down towards the swingbridge (about SN63122228) i noticed lots of moth activity...it turned out there were dozens (well over a hundred certainly) Pachyrhabda steropodes flying around the ferns and cow parsley! Unfortunately i wont have a chance to get a photo off my camera of them or the fern for id purposes for a week or two but it's worth a look. 
As an additional bonus there was also Micropterix calthella and aureatella.

1 comment:

  1. Blinking heck! I read your account, but feeling a bit tired, I had to look twice...did he say Pachyrhabda - yes!
    Well done Vaughn and something to add to your article!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.