Search This Blog

Saturday 11 March 2017

Carmel

I haven't blogged for well over a year, so apologies for that - but I have been mothing! But pretty much just at home in Carmel last year. Garden Moth Scheme was also put on the back burner, but I'm hoping to get it going again this year. With that in mind I put the trap out last Friday (3rd) which was the first date of the GMS summer season. Sadly just the one lonely moth nestled amongst the egg cartons - but, as Ian has pointed out to me, a grey shoulder-knot is not a bad moth to catch if you're only going to catch one. I've been recording here since 2007 and this is just the fourth record

Last night was a little better with a few oak beauty, common quaker and hebrew character. A pale brindled beauty was the first here since 2014.

Anyway, it's good to be back!

1 comment:

  1. `Carmel Calling` sounds a bit like Lord Haw Haw`s `Germany Calling`! Whatever Mat - a big welcome back to the blog and thanks for posting. I`m sure that you`d be a recorder who would benefit from `getting into` micros, whether by light trapping or sweeping/beating by day at the adjacent Carmel Woods or other diverse local habitats.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.