Search This Blog

Saturday 25 February 2017

Maenol Update

BT have finally managed to give me a better broadband signal so I'm posting a photo of a Spring Usher from last Sunday night (one of two):


I've checked all of my past records and can't find a Spring Usher amongst them, so it seems to be a first for me - Sam, perhaps you would kindly confirm this for me in due course.  It's surprising that I haven't seen it before, being a fairly common species by all accounts.

Sadly last week didn't offer much opportunity for trapping here, although one Pale Brindled Beauty came to the porch light yesterday evening.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first Spring Usher, Chris - I've managed to avoid ever seeing the species as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve. Like London buses, if you wait long enough two will come at once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring Ushers - Llandysul Area. Robinson MV. My first 6 x Spring Ushers arrived all at once, on 20 Feb, nfy, nfg, nfm, then 3 more Spring Ushers on 24 Feb.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.