Search This Blog

Monday 16 January 2017

A leaf miner that I missed...

Taking some material to the shed, I noticed some leaf miner activity on the leaves of a large rose cultivar, `Teasing Georgia`. I would have walked daily past this rose on many occasions but somehow I overlooked this particular leaf miner, which I think is possibly either Stigmella anomelella or S. centrifoliella.
Unfortunately, this particular species pair has to be reared to i/d and the mines have been vacated. Perhaps something to look out for in 2017.

The nights are quite mild, cloudy and still this week, so it may be worth a trapping session to see what`s about in January. There won`t be big numbers though.

1 comment:

  1. I trapped last night, not much, just 3 Mottled Umber and a Pale Brindled Beauty but it's a start! And it got me up early.........

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.