Search This Blog

Saturday 24 September 2016

Well, I tried...

...but there was not too much to show for last night`s (23/9) efforts. I had put out a couple of traps in the garden in the hope of benefiting from the strong southerly overnight winds, but the only migrants were some silver y`s and a single dark sword-grass.
The robust wind must have also deterred local moths from flying as numbers (and variety) were low but there were three black rustics and my FFY beaded chestnuts in the trap.

                                              Above: beaded chestnut at Tyrwaun, Pwll.


1 comment:

  1. I tried too, but a friend staying managed to switch off the outside power and I didn't notice til 5 in the morning, but at midnight there was nothing about and a steady cold wind so I guess I didn't miss much.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.