Search This Blog

Friday 30 September 2016

An unexpected find

At last I have won the battle with Google's and my computer's reluctance to allow me to post here!!!!!
My 92 year old Mother is in a local care home. She has a lifelong, knowledge and love of Natural History and has been following my Moth trapping with great interest. Today one of her carers pointed out a tiny moth high up on the wall (Mum is training them all to look for moths!) It turned out to be a Many Plumed Moth.
Common, but new to her and me and a source of great pleasure that she was able to add to my Moth List

6 comments:

  1. I meant of course, Twenty Plumed Moth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you are now able to post on the blog Jane - and a nice photo too!
    If you click on the yellow pencil symbol below the blog, you can alter any errors, typos etc, as long as you are logged in.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ian. I can blog and also start logging my catches too, a lot of work to catch up on, so look out for some What's this again? Emails!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Jane and Mother. Nice moth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Possibly a silly question. Do you record these accidental finds?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes please - one-off finds are useful to supplement trap records. Please don't add them to your main site spreadsheet though: best written down and emailed to me with date and grid reference at end of year. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.