Search This Blog

Thursday 15 September 2016

A Veritable Festa Vestals!

I had one, too, this morning but I came across it by accident, resting on a Valerian plant several metres from where I had sited the MV trap last night:


The trapping was a little disappointing, the MV and one actinic attracting mainly Silver Ys and Angle Shades.  A couple of Pink-bordered Sallows were FFYs and another Pine Carpet was nice to see.  However, the best was to arrive later; a Mompha divisella turned up in the woodshed (of course!) and Eudonia angustea in the utility room where I had opened the traps earlier; must have missed it.



1 comment:

  1. Nice one, Chris - well done. I wonder how many other unseen vestals are out there! Adam Dare caught E. angustea on Weds too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.